About Scott Data Center
Yes. While we’ve considered building and operating data centers in other parts of the country, Nebraska’s financial advantages maximize the value we provide, while still allowing us to serve clients across the country. The benefits of operating out of Omaha include:
- Energy costs well below the national average
- Fiber optics infrastructure availability
- Rich source of water
- Access to technical talent at reasonable costs
- State of Nebraska incentive programs like The Nebraska Advantage
In addition, our affordable Midwest pricing and State of Nebraska Department of Economic Development tax incentives are so competitive that they attract both national and global data center operations.
No. Here’s why:
- It’s not often that Omaha sees a tornado, but on the off chance we do, the Scott Data Center can withstand 250+ mph winds – and the uplift of tornado-level winds, too.
- The entire Scott Technology Center campus, including the Scott Data Center, has been raised out of the flood plain.
- In the very unlikely chance of an earthquake, our building is categorized as an essential facility, and a seismic bracing protects it from potential seismic activity.
Absolutely. Independent certification says it all when it comes to the quality of a data center. That’s because:
- Independent certifications, like the Uptime Institute’s Tier standards, provide validation of a facility’s technical details.
- According to Site Infrastructure, data centers that are only able to “self-proclaim” they meet criteria for a certain Tier level or capacity are often inaccurate or only partly factual.
- Most customers want to know that industry experts give their data center facilities their stamp of approval. Having the Uptime Institute, the gold standard in data center evaluation, validate and verify Scott Data Center’s concurrent maintainability and Tier III status is a huge source of peace of mind for our clients.
Yes, we do. At Scott Data Center, we know that our customers expect the best. That’s why our internal team of engineers and technicians is committed to offering a range of 24/7-managed services for customers in need of technical resources on site. While Scott Data Center clients are not required to use our managed services, we can:
- Escort vendors at customers request
- Receive and inventory shipments
- Unbox and rack-mount equipment
- Unrack decommissioned equipment
- Provide power and data cabling services
- Cross-connect and testing carrier-to-customer connections
- Provide on-location physical verifications at customer request
- Provide physical work at equipment, as needed – and much more
We’re committed to providing world-class customer service, which includes maintaining a full staff of highly qualified, dedicated engineers. We subscribe to regular testing and maintenance of critical infrastructure, and we include key vendors and manufacturers to make sure these operations are pristine.
Operationally, Scott Data Center deliberately subscribes to a flat structure. That means we limit administrative overhead and pass the savings on to our customers. This approach has been in place since our campus opened in 2002 and continues to this day.
We do. Scott Data Center offers secure connections to top cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, Google, SAP and many more via our partnership with Megaport – a leading global software-defined network.
See for Yourself
See for yourself how we provide unstoppable ways to move forward.
Contact us today to learn more or schedule a tour.