About Scott Data Center
Does Scott Data Center provide cloud services?
We do. Scott Data Center offers secure connections to top cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, Google, SAP and many more via our Scott Managed Services (SMS) offering in partnership with Megaport—a leading global software-defined network.
SMS helps you configure your Cloud and On-Prem networks. Our team maintains Megaport Sales and Technical accreditations, meaning we have the expertise to help you architect your network and accelerate your time to deployment making the most of Megaport services.
SMS is your partner to help across your many vendors in today’s multi-cloud environment.
Consultative Network Development includes:
- Help with Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Supplement Staff with Network Expertise
- Primary Contact to Support your Megaport Connectivity Needs
Through our partnership with LightEdge, SMS also offers both virtual and dedicated private clouds. Features include:
- Predictable costs
- Flexible growth with options for self-service provisioning
- Highly redundant architecture for mission-critical workloads with N+1 resilience
- VM-level DR options
- Options for meeting compliance and security requirements
What is Scott Data Center’s approach to managing and operating the facility?
We’re committed to providing world-class customer service, which includes maintaining a full staff of highly qualified, dedicated engineers. We subscribe to regular testing and maintenance of critical infrastructure, and we include key vendors and manufacturers to make sure these operations are pristine.
Operationally, Scott Data Center deliberately subscribes to a flat structure. That means we limit administrative overhead and pass the savings on to our customers. This approach has been in place since our campus opened in 2002 and continues to this day.
Does Scott Data Center offer managed services?
Yes, we do. At Scott Data Center, we know that our customers expect the best. That’s why our SMS internal team of engineers and technicians is committed to offering a range of 24/7-managed services for customers in need of technical resources on site. These include but are not limited to:
- Escort vendors at customer request
- Receive, inventory and secure shipments
- Unbox and rack-mount equipment
- Unrack decommissioned equipment
- Power and data cabling services
- Cross-connect and testing carrier-to-customer connections
- On-location physical verifications at customer request
- Physical work at equipment, as needed
- Redundant and resilient burstable internet access, from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Managed network services
Does third party validation matter?
Absolutely. Independent certification says it all when it comes to the quality of a data center. That's because:
- Independent certifications, like the Uptime Institute's Tier standards, provide validation of a facility's technical details.
- According to Site Infrastructure, data centers that are only able to “self-proclaim” they meet criteria for a certain Tier level or capacity are often inaccurate or only partly factual.
- Most customers want to know that industry experts give their data center facilities their stamp of approval. Having the Uptime Institute, the gold standard in data center evaluation, validate and verify Scott Data Center's concurrent maintainability and Tier III status is a huge source of peace of mind for our clients.
Does your location leave you prone to natural disasters?
No. Here's why:
- It's not often that Omaha sees a tornado, but on the off chance we do, the Scott Data Center can withstand 250+ mph winds – and the uplift of tornado-level winds, too.
- The entire Scott Technology Center campus, including the Scott Data Center, has been raised out of the flood plain.
- In the very unlikely chance of an earthquake, our building is categorized as an essential facility, and a seismic bracing protects it from potential seismic activity.
Is Omaha, Nebraska, your only location?
No. Though we’ve successfully designed, built, and operated our Omaha facility since 2006, our partnership with Lightedge provides a second Scott Data Center location in Lenexa, Kansas. This second location provides clients and partners:
- Fiber optics infrastructure resilience and diversity
- Megaport in both locations
- Seamless contract process
- Consistent relationship regardless of location
See for Yourself
See for yourself how we provide unstoppable ways to move forward.
Contact us today to learn more or schedule a tour.