At Scott Data Center, we've invested heavily in infrastructure because we know the consequences of an outage. Downtime costs companies more than their investment in data protection will ever be.
Our building, our power, and our cooling—they're all built to be unstoppable.
To get an up-close view of our infrastructure at work, contact us at 402-505-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
The design and construction of our building is literally the foundation for keeping data safe, as it ensures it is fully protected from disasters, whether natural or man made.
The Scott Data Center is:
- A cast in place concrete structure
- Designed to resist 250+ mph winds, floods, tornadoes, and earthquakes
- Built on deep foundations designed to resist the uplift forces from tornadoes
- Surrounded by a K12 barrier wall that can withstand the impact of a 15,000 pound vehicle traveling toward it at 50 mph
- Built with a limited number of exterior windows, all of which have a bullet-resistant glazing
It takes an immense amount of reliable power to keep our clients' data always online. That's why the Center gets electricity from two sources: Omaha Public Power District and onsite prime-rated generators.
Our central distribution point is the most heavily fortified aspect of the data center's design:
- It's highly redundant and is designed to operate without interruption, regardless of failure or maintenance.
- It's totally automated to ensure continual operation.
- It distributes enough power to light more than 2,000 homes.
In the rare instance utility power is unavailable to the site, Scott Data Center's onsite generators produce power for the facility:
- Under Uptime requirements, all Scott Data Center generators are prime-rated units, which means the Center will run indefinitely on them if needed.
- Generators are protected by our facility's storm-proof shell and each is housed in its own concrete room.
- In the rare instance of a generator being unavailable, the generator system is designed in an N+1 configuration so the failure of any one unit does not impact the facility.
Without a cooling system, equipment overheating can cause failure—and that's never an option when we're protecting your data.
- All components in our chiller plant are N+1 redundant so any piece of equipment can be taken out of service without stopping operations.
- The chiller plant has its own independent well and can chill itself using outside air when the temperature drops below 50 degrees, saving tremendous amounts of energy.
- Our chillers can produce enough cold water to cool 1,000 homes during the heat of summer.
To learn more about our unstoppable building, power, and cooling, contact us any time.
Security, infrastructure, redundancy, and location—these are the fundamentals of a reliable data center. When it comes to protecting your data, we’re more than reliable. We're unstoppable.
See for Yourself
To get the full story on how we provide unstoppable data protection, contact us today to learn more or schedule a tour.